Thursday 28 February 2013

Seattle, here I come!

Tomorrow my friend, Miss A, and I are hopping on the Clipper and heading to Seattle.  It's my first trip away since having Sadie and, apart from a little guilt at leaving for three days, I'm super excited!

This isn't just any old girls weekend - this is a GEEK girls getaway!  We're off to the Emerald City Comicon and I don't think either of us could be more excited.  If you've never been to a comicon, that's just sad.  They are a huge amount of fun - from the amazing artists selling seriously awesome pieces, to the many and varied panels, the gaming areas, and all of the cool costumes that can be seen, not to mention the celebrity guests.  If you get the chance, and you're a geek, I highly recommend you go to one in your area.

Last year's draw for us was Wil Wheaton, who you might remember from Stand By Me, or his role as Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: The Next Generation (TNG to us fans).  Wil is appearing again this year and I'm really looking forward to Paul and Storm VS. Wil Wheaton on Saturday morning.

This year, Sir Patrick Stewart (eek!) will be appearing!  I'm pretty much beside myself at the thought of meeting Captain Picard - if I miss out, I'll probably have a tantrum back at my hotel room.  

So, for the occasion, my crafting efforts over the last two days have been to finish up my shirt for this year.  It looks a little something like this:


And also a little bit like this:


The full reveal will have to wait until after this weekend.  I'm pretty pleased with it, though.  Hopefully I don't forget to pack it.

Apart from the comicon, I'm also looking forward to paying another visit to Stitches.  It's a great little fabric store in Seattle and I try to stop by every time I go there.  Since we'll most likely go to the Pike Place Brewery at least once, I'll probably be popping in to Undercover Quilts at some point, too.  Comicon, beer and fabric stores - what more could a girl want?

Apparently we get free wi-fi in our hotel room, so I may do a couple of posts about the fun times at Emerald City and around Seattle while I'm away....unless I'm having way too much fun :)

Oh, and just quickly - I got this bit of awesome in the mail yesterday:


A thank you from the kids at Desert Bus for Hope, including a sweet Desert Bus Crafter badge.  To learn more about why I found this in my mail box, see this post at my old blog.



Copyright 2013. Please do not use any images or words from my work without first asking and being granted approval. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolyn, my beautiful piece of fabric arrived in the mail today. I love the key design - such a great idea. I sent mine off on the day of the deadline, hopefully it will reach you soon. -Charlotte in NZ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment.